Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Art Training

I have traveled for the last 15 years, seeking out teachers in areas I needed help with, concerning my art, my sculptures.  Right now I am serving somewhat of a wood apprenticeship with Terry McEniry of Seffner FL, learning about exotic woods and their workings.  It is the end of the teachings, and I am grateful to all involved.  I have studied with Daniel Lopacki (7 years), Ed Sankovich (2 years), Clarence Taylor (1 Year) and I avail myself of Tim McCreights work a LOT, which makes up the training in the media I require to create sculptural art.

Leather metal stone and wood.

There is strength in diversity and flexibility too.  I like to mix the media above.

I began casting metals as a way to make leather hardware, later I met Ed and read Tim, and those two helped me with my metal work big time.  Stone I have always been into, and Danny Lopacki sponsored my work with guidance, money, and tooling for 7 years out in NM.  Leather I learned in jr. high school under the tutelage of Clarence Taylor, and

No comments:

Post a Comment